|Public Relations Committee|
The goals of the Public Relations Committee (PR) are to:
- Oversee PR for all AWIS activities to ensure a consistent image and strategy
- Develop AWIS-SD brand, image, and public relations strategy
- Coordinate media contacts and key messages with committee chairs
- Increase public awareness and interest in AWIS and AWIS-sponsored events using contacts in the local media
- Recruit and welcome new members at various professional levels
- Retain current members
- Recruit current members as active participants on committees
- Getting the word out about AWIS and what we stand for and what we can offer women in science
Publicity efforts are especially important for our large events such as the Gala, The Women in Science and Technology(WIST) Conference, and the annual Open House. Effective public relations are vital to the success of our organization. Our efforts ensure that potential members and sponsors have heard of AWIS-SD and that they know our mission is to achieve equity and full participation of women in the sciences, mathematics, engineering, and technology.
AWIS-SD PR table at 2013 Greater San Diego Science and Engineering Fair Family Day
If you are interested in becoming involved in increasing awareness of our chapter, while improving your communication skills and learning to interact with the media, please contact the PR Chair.